NCI Clinical Research Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to its mission of discovering new and better ways to diagnose and treat neurocognitive and neuropsychiatric disorders. The foundation is comprised of a team of neuroscientists with expertise in cognitive neuroscience, functional neuroimaging, neuropharmacology and psychopharmacology, neuromodulation, neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases, traumatic brain injury and the behavioral sciences.Below is a sample of some of the research topics being conducted at the NCI Clinical Research Foundation:
- Identifying Alzheimer’s disease neuromarkers on functional brain mapping
- Tracking connectivity changes in resting state fMRI in mild cognitive impairment to dementia
- Identifying cortical networks abnormalities correlated with perseverations in Autism
- Creating an Alzheimer’s disease probability and disease severity index
- Developing a neurodegenerative disease probability index
- Using non-invasive brain stimulation to treat cognitive, neurobehavioral and neuropsychiatric disorders
- Biological and pharmacological treatments in Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases
- Developing a biological assay to diagnosis delirium.
- Training caregivers on managing neurobehavioral complications in patients with dementia
Find out more about The NCI Clinical Research Foundation.